Everyone involved in the LGPS is under immense pressure not only to improve their skills and good practice, but to cope with a rapidly changing environment. LGC has always recognised the long term nature of pension funds and the need to improve the level of skills and knowledge of those responsible for their investment.
Some of the key issues which will be discussed within the programme include:
- Geo-political update: what is keeping the investment managers awake at night
- Update on pooling from the LGPS in England and Wales
- How the LGPS landscape in Scotland is changing
- Case study on Strathclyde's investment strategy
- How can funds capitalise on the infrastructure opportunity
- ESG – integration into strategy
- The impact of MIFID II
- How the collaboration between Lothian and Falkirk Pension Funds has developed and how the newly established Joint Investment Panel aims to bring efficiencies for both funds.